Retinal Detachment Treatment in Keller, TX
Retinal detachment is a condition occurring when the retinal tissue on the back of the eye begins to detach. When this happens, it causes the surrounding blood vessels to become deprived of oxygen. Telltale symptoms of retinal detachment include a gradual or creeping “curtain” of vision loss and seeing sudden flashes or floaters.
There are a number of factors that may put you at risk for retinal detachment. Being of old age or nearsighted’ can increase your risk of retinal detachment. Men are affected more than women and Caucasians are affected more than people of color. Having previous eye diseases, injuries or surgeries may also increase your risk.
Retinal Detachment Treatment
While the primary goal is to treat or prevent things that cause retinal detachment, a number of procedures exist to treat it once it has occurred. These include:
- Pneumatic retinoplexy: A well-placed bubble air or gas is emitted into the vitreous fluid from behind your eye. The pressure from this bubble presses against the detached portions and reestablish a link between them.
- Cryopexy: A freezing probe touches the eye over the affected area. The resulting scar helps strengthen the connection between the retina and the eye wall.
- Vitrectomy: The vitreous fluid is removed from the eye. Fluid is then reinjected to help reestablish the connection.
- Photocoagulation: A laser is directed at the tear, creating scar tissue that strengthens the connection.
- Scleral buckling: A piece of silicone is sewn in such a way that pressure is relieved from the affected area, slowing the progression of the tear.
If you experience the onset of retinal detachment symptoms (floaters, flashes of light, etc.), seek emergency medical attention. The longer you wait, the less chance you’ll have of keeping your vision. Request more information about retinal detachment treatment today. Call (817) 203-2760 or contact The New You Medical & Infusion Clinic online.
The New You Medical & Infusion Clinic
Address100 Grapevine Hwy
Hurst, TX 76054
10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Tue: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Wed: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thu: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Areas We Service:Tarrant County, TX, DFW, TX, Las Colinas, TX, Carrollton, TX, Dallas, TX, Irving, TX, Richardson, TX, Sunnyvale, TX, Frisco, TX, Roanoke, TX, Weatherford, TX, Arlington, TX, Bedford, TX, Colleyville, TX, Euless, TX, Fort Worth, TX, Grapevine, TX, Haltom City, TX, Keller, TX, North Richland Hills, TX, Southlake, TX, Watauga, TX